Why I Love Helen #42


Found this comic strip at lowbright.com and fell in love with it instantly. Comic box #12 reminded me of my earlier climbs.

The year: 1998.
The place: Mt. Arayat., Pampanga
The event: After an overnight camp, we were heading home and were going down Mt. Arayat.
The story: Me being me was goofing around at the tail end part of the movement with my guy friends. Let the person I was following disappear, sprint downwards to gain on them, then stop once I've reached them, and then let them disappear again. The trail was wet, muddy, slippery, and I was wearing tennis shoes for crying out loud. *hehehe* That makes it more dangerous.

So I was going downwards, doing my half-sprint only to find out why the movement was so slow. They were helping one of the girls go down this steep step and if I were to bump on her it would create a domino effect with everybody on the ground as far as the first man leading the trail. Since my shoes had unreliable brakes (too much mud), it was my 2nd time to climb a mountain, it was slippery, and I didn't know how to stop---I swerved to the left and WHAMMM! Slammed myself on this big tree, only that tree didn't have a mattress unlike the one on the comic strip. I fell on the ground and almost gave my friends a heart attack with that stint. After helping me up and making sure there were no broken bones, they all started laughing. They told me that I make a good impression of Sylvester the cat's cartoon. Too bad I didn't have pics.

But a few inches if I missed that tree, I would've fell down the cliff. *gasp* My guardian angel must have been working overtime. Pero bumakat talaga sa right cheek ko yun grooves ng puno na yun! Felt like how I felt in "Kapalmuks" when a soccer ball hit me on the face, only this time, my whole body was tingling from head to toe. Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! Finished my other blog!!!

Being On The Wrong Continent

Five Minutes of Fame