I Speak My Mind

Brief Explanation: I am back to my addictive ways. If 2-3 years ago it was mIRC, now it's a thread in Peyups that I keep coming back to. Coming from the IT industry with a College of Mass Communication background and a strong personal affiliation for anarchism, I am an advocate of "Freedom of Speech."

This is just me with a lit up fuse and passionate about what I believe in. Life would be boring without our passions. Bastos daw kasi kami. ABB stands for Anak ni Boy Bastos. And I just want the entire thread back to its old name.

Note to myself: This thread is just teeming with a lot of creative juices that is a good pond to fish ideas. Am thinking of putting up a blog to archive all of our discussions.(Got the idea from lastboyonearth).


Looks like nagkakaroon ng isyu ang pagpalit ng title ng Oldies thread to Anak ni BB Thread.

Much as I want to keep my silence regarding the subject, I feel that I am somewhat responsible for some of what is happening here. As an adult, I take full responsibilty for all of my actions. Masyado lang siguro natuwa ang mga "oldies" dahil nagkaroon sila ng venue kung saan pwede ihinga ang kanilang deepest and darkest desires.

Long before I started posting, a typical day at the oldies thread would look like a greetings thread.

I stumbled upon the thread one day, old acquaintances probably recognized me and we started talking.

The term ABB came into being and was introduced by our good old friend lastboyonearth on August 8, 2004 at exactly 12:51 AM. And I think the acronym was catchy and everybody got caught into the bandwagon. ABB started a following.

In defense of the Oldies tambays:**

1. I do not think any of us asked mod jsm to change the name of the thread. Maybe it was her way of joining in the fun or her way of warning all of us that everybody's going overboard. But whatever her reason was...I thought it was funny.

2. As for us being bastos, I don't know---what is bastos for me may or may not be interpreted as bastos by another person. What is bastos is subject to a number of interpretations. I just cannot find the exact article right now but it did mention there that "the Brain is the largest sex organ." Maybe our brains are all working overtime, well, at least I know ours were.

3. It is not easy to make these subliminal "hirits." As I've told lboe in one of our ym discussions, it gets harder and harder every single day. One has to top off the last hirit with an even more guffawing hirit. Sometimes, I even have to top off my own last "hirit" and I sometimes feel bad when I have to explain my joke.

People on the sidelines who are all reading and watching us make fools of ourselves, please do join in and make us all laugh because our creative juices are running out. Get out of your armchairs and move!! Baka ma-stroke na kayo at hindi kayo gumagalaw dahil pinapanood niyo lang kami mag-post!

4. Why do we need to define ourselves when other people are already doing that? I thought this was a "tambayan." I thought we were here to talk. So let's talk. If you don't like what you're reading, please give us more interesting topics to talk about.

5. As for creating a chatroom for this, I'm sorry but not all of us has access to it. Tell that to our most in demand poster, hydro, I think the guy would eventually stop talking here if he has access to one. I know the guy just cannot understand the meaning of "silence" so we just let him be. And I think he's happier that way. And we're happy he's one of the noisy boys around here. He's our favorite pet! Bwahahahaha

Plus, I am thankful that my "wise cracks" have been immortalized in these pages. May my grandchildren read it someday so that they'll know they have a cool, unconventional and crazy lowlah. Thank you Peyups! Amen.***

To the oldies: I don't know if they're warning us or what but as I've always reminded you people--- EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. Sooner or later we might just end up either closed for good or under close scrutiny of a censorship board, do we want that to happen???

Be more sensitive na lang siguro. Di ko alam paano pero i repeat be vigilant, be sensitive, and everything in moderation****.

**I don't think we need to explain or prove anything to anybody here but here I am explaining. I know we all have brains. Hindi tayo makakatapos ng UP kung wala so matuto lang sigurong makiramdam. I just hope these people are not judging us for what we are not. But who am I to care? My nick is a dead giveaway.

***Tang*na! Sa haba nito, next week's article ko na sana 'to.

**** Lintek! Halos isang oras ko yatang ine-edit tong lekat na post na 'to. Ganyan kami ka-metikoloso sa pag-post dito.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i seldom post in OLDIES thread lately but that doesn't mean i dont visit the thread and read your repartees. actually, natutuwa ako sa mga posts dun at nakukuwento ko pa nga iyong iba sa mga friends ko (i'd start with, ay nakakatawa, may isang taga-peyups, nagkuwento na...)

i was even tempted to join lalo na kapag may naisip akong witty/bastos na hirit/sagot dun sa ibang posts. kaya lang, naisip ko rin na gamitin na lang ang alternick ko so magla-log out ako, magla-log in sa alternick ko, and by then, the moment has passed na. hindi na ako maka-post kasi nitatamad na ako.

natawa naman ako sa latest post mo sa peyups, may definition pa ng frisk. defensive! LOL

Noreen
kink_gurl said…
Hi Noreen!!!

Salamat sa pagsubaybay!!!

Naiintindihan ko dilemma mo. Swerte ko lang siguro at nai-establish ko tong nick na ito sa may forums at yun alternick ko sa may frontpage lang. *LOL*

Ewan ko ba. Na-praning ako sa mga comments nung iba. Kasi di naman sila kumikibo dati tapos biglang nag-post out of nowhere. Oo, defensive nga! hahaha

Pero since may advice na binigay si mod jsm sa amin about the ABB thread, sinunod ko! hehe

Honestly, di naman siguro masisira yun "good name" mo kung mag-post ka. Actually the thread helped me to be more open with what I'm writing kaya medyo nag-i-improve yun mga sinusulat ko lately kahit ako nga lang ang nakakabasa. ;)
kink_gurl said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! Finished my other blog!!!

Being On The Wrong Continent

Five Minutes of Fame