Women, HPV and Cervical Cancer

There is a good reason why we're posting this humongous picture of a woman's vagina right smack in the middle of this blog. It's about time that people, most especially women, should become aware of HPV and cervical cancer.

I saw the TV ad of Maxine Magallona and her mom, Pia, discussing it. A friend of mine told me that I should have myself vaccinated if I continue with my free-spirited ways of finding true love.

Sooo... I went to a doctor... one of them OB-GYNE types. That Alotta Fagina is how it probably looks like *down there* with some cold, metal opener she had to insert me with! Eeeuw! I felt sooo EXPOSED!!! I can definitely feel the air between my legs.

I got my first vaccine NOT THERE but on my right arm... sooo here's hoping to more happiness until the age of sixty-nine (which is my next age I wanted to have a party, by that time my guests would probably have no more teeth so I'm serving them crispy pata :D ).

***

Here's a good site to learn more about cervical cancer and HPV (Human Papillomavirus). It is interesting to note...

What is Human Papillomavirus or HPV?

Human papillomavirus is a common virus that affects both females and males. There are more than 100 different types of HPV. Certain types of HPV cause common warts on hands and feet. Most types of HPV do not cause any signs or symptoms, and go away without treatment.

About 30 types of HPV are known as genital HPV because they affect the genital area. Some types cause cells in the lining of the cervix to change. If not treated, these abnormal cells can sometimes turn into cancer cells.I Other types of HPV can cause genital warts and benign (abnormal but noncancerous) changes in the cervix. Many types of HPV infections can cause abnormal Pap tests.

Who gets genital HPV?

Anyone who has any kind of sexual activity involving genital contact could get genital HPV. It is possible to get the virus without having intercourse. Because many people who have HPV may not show any signs or symptoms, they can transmit the virus without even knowing it.

Does everyone who has HPV get cervical cancer or genital warts?
No—for the majority of people who have HPV, the body’s defenses are enough to clear the virus. However, for some people, certain types of the virus can develop into genital warts or benign (abnormal but noncancerous) changes in the cervix.

And for women who don't have clear certain types of the virus, abnormal changes can occur in the lining of the cervix. These abnormal cells, if not detected or treated, can lead to precancers and cancer. Most often, the development of cervical cancer can take a number of years, although in rare cases it can happen within a year. That's why early detection is so important. Talk to your healthcare professional about a Pap test (also known as a Papanicolaou smear), which can help detect suspicious cell changes in the cervix.

To learn more, go to the site: http://everythingican.com.ph/

Help stop the fear. Be informed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! Finished my other blog!!!

Being On The Wrong Continent

Five Minutes of Fame