Movie: Sex and the City



And... it's a birthday week! Thanks to Lette, the hunnybunny, for treating me out to Sex and the city the Movie! It was great to feel all woman again. You can hear both of us commenting...

"I love her bag."
"I want her shoes."
"Aww... I like the color of that dress."

***

I wasn't much of a fan of their TV show though when it came out some 4-5 years ago. I sat through one season compiled in a DVD and I told my guy friend, you know what is lacking in their point of view? It's all female. No male POV. So, yes, during the final episode of the film I was actually empathizing more with the men. Carrie with her Mr. Big and Miranda with her Steven. In between my teary-eyed weeping of "you poor dears" to these women, I was also thinking "Why don't you just give these guys a break and give them a chance to explain?"

See how I've grown up.

Charlotte doesn't have much of a dilemma so she balances the group. Samantha had to give up her hunk of a man just because she cannot stop herself from straying. Her neighbor is really HOTT! But really... aren't there alternative lifestyles now that allow people to be with other people while you stay with the one you love? To which I exclaimed, "Can't she just swing?"




***

Carrie Bradshaw question: What if you already found love, what then?

Yeah. What, then? Judging from their story... if you found love you should...

... not forget to coif your hair down below.
... treat yourself right.
... be true to yourself.
... learn to forgive.


My rating: I had a good cry, I'm good. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! Finished my other blog!!!

Being On The Wrong Continent

Five Minutes of Fame