Alone on Vday

I really should post something for Valentine's Day. Love makes the world go round! Or so they say. But, truth is, I'm always bitter on Valentine's day. It's one of those days I wish I can stay at home and die. Hehehe Then ressurect the next day feeling refreshed with a healthy, vigorous amount of optimism.

***

I swore six months ago that I would stop dating altogether. Am I feeling the bite? I did say I needed rest and some time off alone to align my chakras just so I could figure out my dharma in life. Yeah, yeah... to follow my golden mean and live a balanced life! What I found out: whether I want to date or not doesn't matter, some men would actually find a way just to be with me and spend some time in my company. Such trickery!

Oh well... I give up.

***

Such male trickery included...

...an invitation asking me for coffee 'cause he tells me he's within the vicinity. So I meet the guy for coffee. Then he comes along and asks if it's okay to grab a bite first before you get your coffee. Before I knew it, it's 10pm and he's taking me home.

...a missed call with his name on my cellphone. I ask him how he is and what was the call about. Next thing, he's begging me to go out with him just one last time. And if I have already a boyfriend... to bring the boyfriend with me. *LOL*

***

Now I wonder where are these men when you need them most? Hehehe I never did like celebrating with the multitude.

*sigh* More quiet time. What to do with my quiet time...?

***

Times like this, I wish I could spend all day in bed and cuddle with somebody cuddly. Cuddle like spoons in my lacy underwear and him in his boxer shorts, perhaps? Or both of us in our naked glory, I wouldn't mind. *grin*

I wish I have someone.

But I have no one.

I can settle with that.

The ones I find desirable do not want to be with me and the ones I don't like are the ones who find me desirable. Such is the law of the world for now. So I choose to be alone.

Maybe the world will change its mind and change the law but until then, I'll be content being alone.

But whoever said I can't celebrate Valentine's Day alone? Whoever said I can't be naked alone? *wink*

***
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! Finished my other blog!!!

Being On The Wrong Continent

Five Minutes of Fame