Being On The Wrong Continent

I believe I am standing on the wrong continent. Nevertheless, I do love the Philippines but it's just too darn hard to get a boyfriend down here. I think most Filipino men if not all (let's not generalize) are a little pretentious. Or some of them think that women as open-minded as I am are good as free rides. Now that's pathetic, don't you think?

Two days ago, I had another one of those phone calls with this guy whom I play football (or soccer) with. He used to fix me up on dates with his friends. I don't know what I said somewhere down the road that made him change his mind but right now everytime I talk to him, he's always mentioning sex. And how he want to have sex with me.

Ugh!

I'm trying to recall what I said to him but I just can't seem to remember the what and the how of this. One time we're friends then the next he's trying to crawl into my pants. Some friend he turned out to be.

And he wants scheduled sex. Ugh!

This guy had one of them mild strokes just a couple of years ago. He's in his early thirties but I think he's got hypertension in his genes that's why he got it at an early age. Part of his medication is a muscle relaxant prescription. Thus the need for a "schedule". *snort*

Like I'm desperate to be in bed with him...geez...give me a break.

He already mentioned that I'm not his type. I'm not his type but he wants to go to bed with me. He tells me that I'm too attractive, I might overshadow his presence. I'm too friendly and that he is more attracted to women who are more distant and aloof. Yet he wants to go to bed with me. I'm nice to look at but I'm not good enough to be his girl?! The nerve of this guy.

So I asked him that if he's that desperate to have sex with me he would have to start introducing me as his girlfriend for about three months and then we break up after that. I think that was simple enough.

Then he tells me, he's a free-spirit and that he doesn't want to be tied to an agreement. He wants me to have sex with him on schedule and he thinks he's a free-spirit???! I thought it was a joke but he sounded serious. Or maybe he thinks it's just cool to be branded as such but he doesn't understand the meaning of it.

This guy has major issues. I'm getting him out of my system for the meantime. Until he has gotten enough sense that I am not going to sleep with him ever.

Let's just say that my time is the right time---I'm always late and I'm bound to break off schedules. *lol*

***

The men around here take relationships too seriously. Or so I've noticed.

If I like a guy (which is very rare), I tell him I like him. If I want to spend some time with him then I spend time with him. If we choose to part ways then we part ways. Although there'll still be the part of "trying to work it out" before we part ways. I won't be scared to jump into a relationship. And I wouldn't be afraid to end it if it won't work. At least we tried. No harm in trying. No regrets.

For me, relatioships are there so you'll get to know the person a little more deeper than the average getting-to-know-you. And it's supposed to be fun. I don't know why relationships down here are teary-eyed and filled with hate. Too dramatic if you ask me. I hate it.

So stop giving a bunch of mamas boys who are too burned they don't even want to show you how much they care for you and how much they value you as a friend. I've met a handful of these in the past and for the most part of it I'm surprised that I was even attracted to some of them.

***

I watched the film "Love Actually" a few months back and I was hoping I can write something about it come Christmas season. The film was so Christmassy and was set somewhere in Great Britain. You get to see Hugh Grant doing Christmas carols and dancing to one of them Pointer Sisters tunes hehehe. My favorite line was that from the character called "Collin." One scene where he had this Eureka moment as to why he doesn't have a girlfriend in England goes something like...


Collin: I've just worked out why I cannot find true love.
Friend: Why is that?
Collin: English girls... they're stuck up you see. And I am primarily attracted to girls who are, you know, cooler, game for love like American girls. So I'll just go to America. I'll get a girlfriend there instantly! What do you think?
Friend: I think it's crap, Collin.
Collin: That's where you're wrong. American girls will see that I have a cute, British accent.
Friend: Collin, you don't have a British accent.
Collin: Yes, I do! I'm going to America!
Friend: Collin, you're a lonely, ugly arsaw. You must accept it!
Collin: Never! I am Collin, god of sex. I'm on the wrong continent, that's all.

And true enough, minutes after stepping on American soil, he meets three gorgeous women and got his fair share of group sex with all of them including their prettiest and sexiest roommate. That's the spirit!!!

I therefore conclude I'm on the wrong continent. And yes, I'm a goddess. So what am I doing dealing with mere mortals? *lol*

Comments

gender-bent said…
heheheh... your entries really amuse me. maybe you are right about the continent thingie, maybe not. maybe you just haven't found someone who'll be your equal.
Anonymous said…
Tagu-taguan, maliwanag ang buwan. *wink*

Andyan lang yun sa tabi-tabi, pramis!

-- ergoe
Anonymous said…
so, friends pa ba kayo ng "friend" mo na naghahanap ng libreng sex? =) hay, hirap na talaga makahanap matinong lalake ngayon! =)

-noreen
kink_gurl said…
untamed rebel - nice to see u back :D... sana wag mong pagsawaan yun mga kalokohan ko.

ergoe - that's actually one of my fave stories from your blog.

noreen - it's hard to be friends with somebody you can't trust. it's hard to trust somebody na alam mong at the sign of weakness eh maaaring may gawing di ayos sa yo. i sort of ended up hating myself for even considering him as a friend.
Quentin said…
HAHAHAHAHA :D cool story

but by the holy bovines of calcutta kinks o_O

arguments like yours (and using the safety device of 'not generalizing') are self-defeating, if not self-neutralizing. a person can be a myriad of adjectives more so a whole classification of them (ehem, men). adding the men part only makes it gender-biased don't you think?

though seriously, your friend has issues. i would dare believe he had the hots for you from the start and has been under the guise of a 'friend' for an excruciatingly long time :D just conjecture
Anonymous said…
me too am on the wrong continent. tsk tsk.

parang gusto kang gawing fuck buddy ng 'friend' mo no? strange, even my other friends are talking about this. maraming horny sa 'pinas! ;)

-- lilian

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! Finished my other blog!!!

Five Minutes of Fame