Forgive me if I go wild and dance...

I just love dancing. I really do. It's the most fun thing to do when you think you're drunk but you're really not. Hehe It's the most fun you can do when you just can't resist the beat of the drums. Most especially if it's latin beat, as it is with my case. It's the most fun thing to do when you haven't had your shot of Powerdance's jazz since 1st week of November 2004 (and still counting).

I luuuvvv dancing---even if it doesn't love me the way I love it. Kahit na walang hilig pagsasayaw sa akin, wala akong pakialam! I just love to dance.

I dance when I'm happy. I dance when I'm sad. I dance whenever I need to forget a guy. I dance when I just found a new guy. I dance when I'm fat. I dance when I need a workout. I danced my way to lose more than twenty pounds. I dance to MTV's music video. I dance when there's a good tune playing on the radio. I dance, dance, dance.

I love it. I find ways just to get my dance fix in powerdance. Even if I haven't got the money. Even if my teacher thinks I'm plain hopeless and can't dance. I just dance.

That was what happened tonight. Remember that gallery cum bar cum band place I told you about? A very good band who goes by the name of "Spy" was there last night. I was on the sidelines, drinking my beer and enjoying the music. I was wearing my "this-skirt-that-was-meant-for-me".

Segue... short story about that skirt. I saw it two weeks ago at Robinson's Place Manila. I just loved the way it looks. Like the skirt belly dancers wear---low-waist, flimsy, and moves with the wind. I just bought it two days ago. When I went to that same store, out of the 20 or so stock that they had, only five were left. Lucky me, it included the same skirt I so wanted to have.

Back to present time. So I was back in that old place. There was good music. Great beat! And everybody's just sitting there! How can anybody just sit there and not dance?, I asked myself. Good music does not deserve that. So I danced like I never danced for the past five months!!! Hehe ... and still counting.

I felt free. I felt wild. It felt like I unleashed some wild woman within me. I felt like I was doing something that I genuinely love to do. *excuse me if I get all teary eyed because of too much joy* Soon, people started dancing afterwards.

I dunno know how these thing go... Do perfoming artists feel like they've been genuinely appreciated when someone starts to dance in front of them? Some of them were thanking me afterwards.

No need to thank me for dancing, the pleasure was all mine.

I just live to dance. I don't care if I won't do it professionally. I just love to dance. I work so I can dance. I save money just so I could at least have once a month Jazz 1 classes at Powerdance. *sigH*

It's my passion. And it will always be a part of me. *excuse me if I get all teary-eyed again*

"...There's such a thing as trying too hard...
You've got to sing like you don't need the money-
Love like you'll never get hurt-
You've got to dance like nobody's watching-
It's gotta come from the heart if you want it to work."
---Come from the Heart, Words and Music by Susanna Clark and Richard Leigh

And whether it be dancing or writing or running an IT company... everything just comes from my heart. I love my life. *excuse if I get teary-eyed once again*

Whoever's reading this, I hope you find your passion. Something that doesn't need the money but something that'll make you happy (even without the love or the money you get in return). I dance for the fun of it. Just like I work for the fun of it. So forgive me if I go wild and do the things I love to do...

Comments

Anonymous said…
naalala ko si douglas nierras, tapos naalala kita.. la lang.. hehe..

jsm
gender-bent said…
I lurved dancing too! especially the Latin dance of love and seduction ^_~ 'yun bang parang nakikipag-sex ka sa partner mo sa dancefloor, lol.
Quentin said…
i think the one who said "dance when nobody's watching" must be out of his mind :D

Popular posts from this blog

Yahoo! Finished my other blog!!!

Being On The Wrong Continent

Five Minutes of Fame